Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am preparing to install a GM tilt column into my '68 camaro. The column was purchased from Rick's and has the curved electrical connector. The non-tilt column that I removed from the car has the flat connectors on the harness. Rick's told me that the flat connectors were ONLY used on '69 camaros and that it sounds like someone changed the column and electrical harness in my car to that from a 1969?? I find that hard to believe but not impossible. When I removed the non-tilt I did not see anything that would indicate that this was not an original installation. Anyway, I am looking for help on how to get around this connector problem-easily. I have been wondering if I could get my hands on a curved connector to mate to the column connector that I could just unpin the flat connector and pin the wires to a curved connector?? Sounds too easy! I believe there is an extra wire in the flat connector and the column connector has 8 wires (if my memory serves me correct). Where can I get just a curved connector to mate to the column connector? Rick's told me that ALL '68's had the curved connectors. Thanks and I appreciate any and all feedback on this!

·
Registered
768 Posts
call rick's again or go to firstgen.com and look for part # 70360. it is called "67-68 turn signal switch adapter" $16.95 (adapter harness 8/9 pin).

one end is curved and the other is flat.

i don't know a thing about 67-68, but remembered seeing this conversion harness since i have almost memorized rick's catalog. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
The tilt I have in my 67 is from a 68 bird. It has the curved connector. Someone may have used a 69 turn signal switch and connector in yours.

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
I think Delco replacement turn signal switches come that way. You get the adapter harness in the box too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyway to get the curved connector by itself?

·
Registered
768 Posts
might try www.americanautowire.com (factory fit) and talk to them. i needed a new fuse block for my 69 and they sold me one seperate, although they said they usually sell the entire underdash harness. they also wanted me to send in my harness to install the new block. i understood why when i destroyed my old block taking the fuse clips out. but the clips just clicked into the new one.

looks like they're upgrading their website and it's only partially there for now. but the contact link works and they have phone numbers and e-mail addy's listed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks run269!

·
Registered
768 Posts
you're welcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts