Team Camaro Tech banner

81 - 100 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
Mike
351 Posts
I tried the above steps... and this does not seem to work as indicated in the above post.
I have interacted within the Thread listed below... but I do not see the "eye" symbol as shown in the examples above.
View attachment 263249
Edit and Correction: The instructions posted by the Administrator for "How To Know If You Posted In A Thread" do work. When I initially followed the instructions provided, I thought that the "eye" indicator would be retroactive to all of the prior threads I had posted in... it does not work that way.

Once you select the Preferences as instructed, the "eye" indicator will only show next to Thread titles for any new posts you have written (within any thread) after you have completed the steps provided by the Administrator.

NOTE: If you don't want to receive Alerts every time someone else posts in a "Followed/Watched" thread, go to Account Settings > Preferences and scroll down to "Receive a notification when someone..." and uncheck the Alert Box for "Replies to a watched thread:"

·
Registered
564 Posts
The site is still not working very well for me. I have read the instructions and still can't find threads that I have responded to since the relaunch. Even hitting the new button does not help. I searched in the search community section. Nothing. Seems like the main positive thing people are saying is posting pictures is easier. That's good I guess. I use to check the site several times a day. Now I get many advertisements, and it takes more time to navigate. I'm sure tears will not be shed, but I'm not seeing me on here much more. The site worked well for me before. I know change is inevitable, but it's a very drastic change for me, and it seems to be more and more political off topic threads that just don't interest me. I might check in periodically if I'm very bored, but this is sending me to facebook more. Very sad day.
Keith, I hear you on the changes, gonna take some time to get use to. If you click your account details, then click on discussions it should take you to the latest threads that you posted on.

You can also go into account settings, then preferences, there is a content options heading. You can then check off the 2nd box that says "
Automatically watch content you interact with…
  • and receive email notifications"
I'm thinking that should get you set up for notifications of postings you interact with. Give it a try?

·
Administrator
Test Here
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
The site is still not working very well for me. I have read the instructions and still can't find threads that I have responded to since the relaunch. Even hitting the new button does not help. I searched in the search community section. Nothing. Seems like the main positive thing people are saying is posting pictures is easier. That's good I guess. I use to check the site several times a day. Now I get many advertisements, and it takes more time to navigate. I'm sure tears will not be shed, but I'm not seeing me on here much more. The site worked well for me before. I know change is inevitable, but it's a very drastic change for me, and it seems to be more and more political off topic threads that just don't interest me. I might check in periodically if I'm very bored, but this is sending me to facebook more. Very sad day.

How To Find Subscribed Threads

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
And I don't see any way to edit a post if needed ???
The three dots at the upper right above your post. Edit is one of the options when you click the dots.

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,443 Posts
Yeah, I've been using the edit quite a bit, DJ. Seldom do I get it right the first time !

The one thing I'd like to figure out is, how to see an old post that I've responded to. For example, when doing a search for a thread several years old, sometimes it helps if I knew it was a thread I had replied to. I tried a few things that was mentioned here, but it didn't seem to for me.

Another complaint ; Is there any chance we could get our old SMILIES back ?? The popcorn guy, the gray laughing his *** off guy, among others will sorely be missed ! lol These new ones are hard to tell what they're trying to convey.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yeah, I've been using the edit quite a bit, DJ. Seldom do I get it right the first time !

The one thing I'd like to figure out is, how to see an old post that I've responded to. For example, when doing a search for a thread several years old, sometimes it helps if I knew it was a thread I had replied to. I tried a few things that was mentioned here, but it didn't seem to for me.

Another complaint ; Is there any chance we could get our old SMILIES back ?? The popcorn guy, the gray laughing his *** off guy, among others will sorely be missed ! lol These new ones are hard to tell what they're trying to convey.

·
Registered
878 Posts
WELL GUYS I AM STUMPEDI AM GOOD WITH WRENCHES AND OTHER TOOLS BUT COMPUTERS AND PROGRAMS ARE DIFFICULT FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND AND ITS NOT A MATTER OF STUPIDITY ITS THE WAY ONES MIND WORKS.I ENJOYED GOING ON IN THE MORNING AND CHECKING POSTS WITH A CUP OF JOE AND ADDING A COMMENT HERE OR THERE FOR SOME TEN YEARS OR SO. I DID THIS ON THE CLASSIC OLD FORMAT AS I DID NOT CARE FOR THE CHANGE A FEW YEARS BACK . AT LEAST WITH THAT YOU COULD CHOOSE HOW YOU WANTED TO VIEW IT. I SUPPOSE NOT BEING A PAYING MEMBER I SHOULD NOT HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY BUT I FEEL AS THOUGH I HAVE CONTRIBUTED SOME NICE INFO AND FACTUAL INFO THROUGH THE YEARS. MY DAUGHTER THE COMPUTER GENIUS USUALLY HELPS ME WITH FIXING MY SCREWUPS AND HELPIS ME UNDERSTAND NEW THINGS, BUT THESE DAYS SHE IS AVERY BUSY LADY. I THINK THE BRIDE SUMMED IT UP BEST WHEN MY DAUGHTER SAID MUM DAD MAKES A MESS OUT OF THE SIMPLEST THINGS ON THE COMPUTER. MY WIFE TURNED AROUND AND SAID, CAN YOU INSTALL A STOVE WATER HEATER OR BOILER CAN YOU DO CARPENTRY ELECTRICAL OR PLUMBING WORK PLUS REBUILD ENGINES AND REPAIR ALL THE CARS. SHE SAID NO MOM I CANT. SHE THEN SAID WELL DEAR HE CAN AND WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE HIM PLUS IT WAS HIS HARD WORK AND EFFORTS THAT SENT YOU DEAR TO COLLEGE . SO YOU CAN FIX HIS LITTLE MISTAKES NOT COMPLAIN AND SAY THANK YOU DADDY. I CANT EVEN CLICK AND GO TO TEAM CHEVELLE OR NOVA WHERE I AM ALSO A MEMBER AND SOME OTHERS AS WELL. SO I THINK I WILL HANG OUT THERE TILL THAT CHANGES AND THEN WE WILL CALL IT A DAY. CHANGE IS NOT ALWAYS GOOD AND NEW IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER . I WISH THERE WAS A WAY FOR THOSE OF US THAT LIKE HE OLD WAY TO GO BACK TO IT BUT I DONT THINK ITS POSSIBLE TO DO WITH THIS FORMAT. I DONT EVEN KNOW IF THIS WILL POST UP OR BE READ . I AM SURE THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY OLD FART TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE CHANGE. I WILL MISS THIS AND MANY MEMBERS THAT I HAVE PM ED AND COME TO KNOW . ITS BEEN A GREAT TEN OR SO YEARS. GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW SITE AND GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL OUR FUTURES. ALEX ss 27 and z27

·
Registered
Al - Waterloo, Iowa
4,067 Posts
WELL GUYS I AM STUMPEDI AM GOOD WITH WRENCHES AND OTHER TOOLS BUT COMPUTERS AND PROGRAMS ARE DIFFICULT FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND AND ITS NOT A MATTER OF STUPIDITY ITS THE WAY ONES MIND WORKS.I ENJOYED GOING ON IN THE MORNING AND CHECKING POSTS WITH A CUP OF JOE AND ADDING A COMMENT HERE OR THERE FOR SOME TEN YEARS OR SO. I DID THIS ON THE CLASSIC OLD FORMAT AS I DID NOT CARE FOR THE CHANGE A FEW YEARS BACK . AT LEAST WITH THAT YOU COULD CHOOSE HOW YOU WANTED TO VIEW IT. I SUPPOSE NOT BEING A PAYING MEMBER I SHOULD NOT HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY BUT I FEEL AS THOUGH I HAVE CONTRIBUTED SOME NICE INFO AND FACTUAL INFO THROUGH THE YEARS. MY DAUGHTER THE COMPUTER GENIUS USUALLY HELPS ME WITH FIXING MY SCREWUPS AND HELPIS ME UNDERSTAND NEW THINGS, BUT THESE DAYS SHE IS AVERY BUSY LADY. I THINK THE BRIDE SUMMED IT UP BEST WHEN MY DAUGHTER SAID MUM DAD MAKES A MESS OUT OF THE SIMPLEST THINGS ON THE COMPUTER. MY WIFE TURNED AROUND AND SAID, CAN YOU INSTALL A STOVE WATER HEATER OR BOILER CAN YOU DO CARPENTRY ELECTRICAL OR PLUMBING WORK PLUS REBUILD ENGINES AND REPAIR ALL THE CARS. SHE SAID NO MOM I CANT. SHE THEN SAID WELL DEAR HE CAN AND WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE HIM PLUS IT WAS HIS HARD WORK AND EFFORTS THAT SENT YOU DEAR TO COLLEGE . SO YOU CAN FIX HIS LITTLE MISTAKES NOT COMPLAIN AND SAY THANK YOU DADDY. I CANT EVEN CLICK AND GO TO TEAM CHEVELLE OR NOVA WHERE I AM ALSO A MEMBER AND SOME OTHERS AS WELL. SO I THINK I WILL HANG OUT THERE TILL THAT CHANGES AND THEN WE WILL CALL IT A DAY. CHANGE IS NOT ALWAYS GOOD AND NEW IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER . I WISH THERE WAS A WAY FOR THOSE OF US THAT LIKE HE OLD WAY TO GO BACK TO IT BUT I DONT THINK ITS POSSIBLE TO DO WITH THIS FORMAT. I DONT EVEN KNOW IF THIS WILL POST UP OR BE READ . I AM SURE THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY OLD FART TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE CHANGE. I WILL MISS THIS AND MANY MEMBERS THAT I HAVE PM ED AND COME TO KNOW . ITS BEEN A GREAT TEN OR SO YEARS. GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW SITE AND GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL OUR FUTURES. ALEX ss 27 and z27
Alex, Don't give up. Hell, you were able to write and post this message. I will say all capitol letters is a bit distracting though. It's kind of like when you come home and find the wife rearranged the living room furniture. Then you go into the bed room and find she changed your sock drawer!! Ya, we get pissed at first but soon learn again where everything is. All forums, posts and info are still here. They're just in a little different layout. Take some time and look around. If you have questions ask. I would bet 10 years or so ago you saw no use in computers at all. Look where we/you are today. I used to hate change of any kind. Now as I'm older, I almost look forward to it. It helps keep the brain alive.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Alex, Don't give up. Hell, you were able to write and post this message. I will say all capitol letters is a bit distracting though. It's kind of like when you come home and find the wife rearranged the living room furniture. Then you go into the bed room and find she changed your sock drawer!! Ya, we get pissed at first but soon learn again where everything is. All forums, posts and info are still here. They're just in a little different layout. Take some time and look around. If you have questions ask. I would bet 10 years or so ago you saw no use in computers at all. Look where we/you are today. I used to hate change of any kind. Now as I'm older, I almost look forward to it. It helps keep the brain alive.

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,443 Posts
How To Know If You Posted In A Thread

Step One:
Check your preference settings by clicking on your account settings under your avatar near the upper right-hand side of the community.

That will bring you to a new page with some left-side navigation. Select preferences.

Step 2: Make sure you have a checkmark in "Automatically watch content you interact with" and then click save.

Step 3: Now when you check popular or new posts you will see an "eye" under the title area.

It will also show on the thread list within a forum section.

- Cricket
Hello Cricket, I have followed your instruction here. This works for about 24 hrs , is that right ? In my experience, after that time, the indicator "eye" goes out.

It would be nice (helpful) if the indicator would be permanent as it was in the old forum (indicator was an arrow).

Can this be changed or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks for your time....

·
Registered
Mike
351 Posts
Hello Cricket, I have followed your instruction here. This works for about 24 hrs , is that right ? In my experience, after that time, the indicator "eye" goes out.
Can this be changed or am I doing something wrong ?
Garth, I can't comment about the settings... but I followed Crickets instructions a couple of days ago, and I still see the indicator "eye" next to all of the threads I have interacted with since completing the Preference changes. No diapering "eye" for me.

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,443 Posts
Thanks Mike, I must've done something wrong. Will have to try it again....

Cool Nova btw, I learned to drive with my parents 74 hatchback, 350 4bbl, 4spd, dual exhaust, all factory. Was dark metallic green with a pee green interior, bucket seats and console. Had rally wheels. Got more tickets in that car than I did in my first Camaro ! lol

·
Registered
Mike
351 Posts
Mike, does the eye still show for you on threads that have been inactive for over 24 hrs ?
How about threads from the old site?
I'm seeing the same thing that Al is seeing (post #97... above this post).
Yes... the "eye" still shows for me on threads that have been inactive for over 24 hrs.

I can't respond about seeing the "eye" for threads from the old site as I have not followed any yet.

I'm wondering if you have accidentally "unfollowed" any of your watched/followed thread?
Click on your Avatar within the banner in the upper right hand corner > and then click on "Following" from the drop down menu.

After you click on "Following", you will then be taken to a page that will list your "Followed" Discussions". You should see a list of Discussions that you have selected to Follow... and Discussions that you have posted in AFTER you made the Preference changes listed by Cricket (Administrator).
Note the the "eye" does not show up on this page.

But the "eye" will show up when viewing the Discussion titles under the New Posts or Popular pages... along with showing on the associated forum subject page.

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,443 Posts
Starting to get in over my head. I never have "followed" or "subscribed" to any threads since day1 (12yrs ago). But when doing a search prior to the upgraded forums, there would be an arrow (indicator) on the threads I had participated in....all the way back to 2008.
That's all I'm seeking now, as it makes it much easier to find these old threads.

edit; well, it looks like I did "follow" 1 thread prior to the recent site overhaul , but quite honestly I don't recall how I did it.

·
Registered
Al - Waterloo, Iowa
4,067 Posts
Starting to get in over my head. I never have "followed" or "subscribed" to any threads since day1 (12yrs ago). But when doing a search prior to the upgraded forums, there would be an arrow (indicator) on the threads I had participated in....all the way back to 2008.
That's all I'm seeking now, as it makes it much easier to find these old threads.

edit; well, it looks like I did "follow" 1 thread prior to the recent site overhaul , but quite honestly I don't recall how I did it.
Garth, I am not seeing any indication on threads I posted in unless I have selected "follow" (new site) or "subscribe" (old site) to the given thread. I believe this is the same results you are getting. Initially I thought you were asking about "followed" threads. Sorry I misunderstood. I can't comment on the 24hr part as I haven't watched that. I have selected the preferences options as shown in earlier posts.

81 - 100 of 155 Posts