Team Camaro Tech banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Administrator
Test Here
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Yes... there is spell check within this new format (but it works a little funny).
If you misspell a word, once you space away from the misspelled word... a wavy red line will appear under the misspelled word (see red arrow below).
View attachment 263543
You would then "right-click" on the misspelled word and select the correctly spelled word from the drop down menu... or just retype the misspelled word correctly.
View attachment 263541

BUT... if you misspell a word and keep typing without making a correction to the misspelled word,
the wavy red line under the misspelled word may disappear... and you may not know you have misspelled word(s).
See example below - red arrow (misspelled "wordd"... but no wavy red line).
View attachment 263542

So it is best to correct misspelled words as soon as you notice the wavy red line under the word.

There isn't an actual spell check feature on the platform. That appears to be your browser spell-check.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
Test Here
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
How To Filter New Posts To Only Display Specific Section(s)

You can accomplish this by setting a custom default filter on the new posts page.

Step 1 Navigate to the specific forum you want to focus on and click "Follow Forum".

Step 2 From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on NEW.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. On the new page, click on filters.

Now you can adjust the filters to work for your personal preferences, such as the example above and save it as the default.

Make sure to click the "filter" button to save it, at the bottom.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Go to your Showcase as detailed in my post above (Post #49).
When viewing your Showcase, scroll down to your Gallery of photos.
Right above the Gallery of Photos, you will see a box with 3 dots. Click on the box with 3 dots.
View attachment 263195
After you click on the box with 3 dots, a drop down box will appear.
Click on Edit item.
View attachment 263196
After you click on Edit item, you will be able to edit the title, information,... or photos within your showcase. Just click on the info... or photos that you want to edit.
When you are done editing, click on Save button at the bottom of the page.
View attachment 263197
What's the trick to adding images to your Showcase? Maybe it's obvious, but I'm really missing it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
There isn't an actual spell check feature on the platform. That appears to be your browser spell-check.

- Cricket
You may be right. As Oldschool said it is there. I started using EDGE in Windows 7 and right click spell check works. IE 11 is basically dead.

·
Registered
Mike
350 Posts
What's the trick to adding images to your Showcase? Maybe it's obvious, but I'm really missing it. Thanks!
Follow the steps I provided in Post #49
... and Post #51.

After you have clicked on Edit item, scroll down until you see the "Options Bar"... at least that's what I'm calling it.
Click on the "Paper Clip" icon.

After clicking on the "Paper Clip" icon, you will be redirected to your computer's navigation page to search for the folder(s) that contain the images that you would like to insert into your showcase.

• Once you find the folder with the images you want to insert into your Showcase, click on the image to highlight it (red arrow) > and then click on Open (red box).... OR, you can just double click on the desired image.
  • The selected image will be inserted into you Showcase (... basically, the same steps as attaching a photo to an email).
Repeat the above steps for each image that you would like to add to your Showcase.
When you are done adding your photos to your Showcase, click on Save button at the bottom of the page

·
Administrator
Test Here
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
How to Create a Showcase?

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click the 3 vertical dots to open the drop-down menu and select “Showcase”.

From the Showcase page, click on “Add item” in the right-hand corner.

A popup will appear at the top. Click on “showcase”.

A form will open for you to fill in the blanks, such as title, tags, general information, etc.

Scroll down to “General Information” to content and images, in the same way that you would for writing a post. The first image added will be the cover photo.

Add any additional item details, and “Save”.

If you want to make any changes, including choosing a different cover photo from the images you added, you can do so by editing your showcase.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
Test Here
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
How To Edit Showcase

To edit a Showcase, click on your Avatar in the top right-hand corner and select “My Showcase”

Click on the title or image of the Showcase that you want to edit. Scroll to the bottom, and above comments you will see the Share options and a three-dot menu icon. Click the 3 vertical dots.

From the drop-down menu that opens, select “Edit item”.

From here, you will be brought to the editor used to create the Showcase. Make changes or add content as needed. Before clicking “Save” at the bottom, you may add a checkmark to post as an update if you are working on an ongoing Showcase, such as might be the case for projects, to alert your followers.

If you want to change the cover photo, click the 3 vertical dots again.

From the drop-down menu that opens, select “Set cover image”.

A popup will display the images within your showcase.

Click to add a dot to the one you want as the cover and click save.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,336 Posts
There are many of us that do not want politics filling up our Camaro Forum. We want to have the ability to turn off "Off Topic" posts in our viewing window.

Regards,

Brett......

·
Administrator
Test Here
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
There are many of us that do not want politics filling up our Camaro Forum. We want to have the ability to turn off "Off Topic" posts in our viewing window.
I have shared this feedback with our developers.

How To Filter New Posts To Only Display Specific Section(s)

You can accomplish this by setting a custom default filter on the new posts page.

Step 1 Navigate to the specific forum you want to focus on and click "Follow Forum".

Step 2 From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on NEW.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. On the new page, click on filters.

Now you can adjust the filters to work for your personal preferences, such as the example above and save it as the default.

Make sure to click the "filter" button to save it, at the bottom.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts

Regards,

Brett......
I continue to add those who post political crap on this forum to my ignore list. :poop:
Don

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Just another old guy voicing his opinion on the new format. I do not care for it and am disappointed that the old classic version is no longer an option. The main reason I became a paid Lifetime member of Team Camaro was to support the community as well as relax and enjoy reading the many educational posts. Unfortunately for me navigating this site has now turned to nothing but frustration. Just like an old car, I still prefer to drive my basic ole classic vs. a new model with all the bells and whistles. Less is more...just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
19,499 Posts
Some members would have earned the points on the old platform which were carried over. The developers are working on improving this feature and making it more relevant for us.

- Cricket
It's hard to believe, because the members I am talking about, seem to be in a club of their own. Most of the Mods don't have 113 points.

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
Getting very frustrated with ANCIENT Posts popping back up. Oldest I saw was 19-1/2 years. Shut them down and make them read only after a certain amount of no activity. Link back to it or quote it but don't continue it.
Now that I have used this awhile that is my biggest complaint. Click on "New" and see questions and answers and after spending time find out a thread is 2 - 20 years old? Some of the original posters may not even be alive.

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,443 Posts
Personally, I have no problem with it, Scott. That last one about the guy who purchased a warehouse full Camaro parts including Z engines and their VIN codes..o_O....very cool ! It was before my time here and never knew it existed.

I realize it may be near impossible to contact the guy now, but there's still a chance someone may have some info...

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
Can't really disagree with with that and should really check the onset date before spending any time with it. Just since the change there are a lot of Zombie posts coming back from the dead.
BUT there are a lot new members showing up which is a good thing. Some finally have money to pursue a dream and seemingly some young guys that can really learn from this. All is good just some pet peeves. Some have bailed. Not good. Ed (bertfam) said he was out. We need him back.

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,336 Posts
Maybe there can be some sort of notification stating that the post is old and that posting in it might not bring anticipated results. Maybe advise the poster to message the person first to see if there is a reply? I agree that a new member might not realize that once posted, the thread comes back up to the front and other new members might not realize this which could raise frustration when there is no response.

Brett....

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Highlight the post dates when they are over 2-5 years old maybe ?

Just a thought.

It is kinda funny when a new guy asks or answers the OP a question to a 20 year old post.

121 - 140 of 155 Posts