Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the weekend coming up I was planning to hit the local bone yard looking for a wiper motor for my 67. Being new to this automotive hobby, how do I know what year parts will fit my car? Is there a compatibility book out there that say form 19XX to 19YY a blah blah will fit a 1967?

Thanks in advance.

m.

·
Registered
503 Posts
My book is showing the following for 67 Camaro:
1963-67 Chevy II
1965-67 Chevelle
If Your local junkyard has an old set of Hollander<sp?> manuals, they can also crossreference it for You...
Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. where do you get these books at? Is there a CD version available?

m.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Kyle Tucker just release their Wiper Motor
Kit "First Gen Camaros"
"This kit provides you with the performance and convenience of a late model wiper system in a package that easily and cleanly mounts in your car" check it out.. www.detroitspeed.com

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
There was a post a while ago about a guy that swapped a wiper unit out a VW Jetta. Sounds kind of scary using a foreign car part and all, but the wiper ***'y was smaller and had intermittent wipers which made it a neat swap. You might try searching for VW or Jetta or intermittent wipers, etc if you're interested.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info the wiper motor. This being the first nice weekend I will make my way up.

My co-worker last year went with a friend of his and they got a trunk lid for a 69 Camaro. They are in there...appearently. My luck I will find complete cars minus what I need!

m.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I ordered the Hollendar book, it cane in a week. (I'm in Toronto Canada). I will really impressed with the fast delivery. Ripped into the packaging a found a 1967-72 Chevelle manual! I emailed them back and they apologised for the error. In return they shipped my Camaro book out and told me to keep the Chevelle one. Things are starting to look up!

Thanks for the tips on Hollendar.

m.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts