Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm runnig a 355 SBC in my 69 Camaro. It has an Edelbrock RPM PowerPackage including Cam, Heads and AirGap Intake. I would like to use a cam that is more streetable and workes with a stock stall BossHog TC, so teared the engine down and put a used CompCams 275 DEH in it that i pulled from another block. I installed all lifters in same postition as it were.

The engine is still apart and now I'm not so sure if the cam fits my setup and if I can start it up or have to break in the cam again.

Can someone help please?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
350 Posts
The cam you list has an rpm range of 2000-6000; what tire size and rear end gearing do you have?

Where you looking for off idle performance?

What do you plan on doing with the car, drive-wise? cruising or autobanh?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 225/60/15 tires but want to change to 255/60/15 which are 27 inch. Camaro has a 3.08 rear end and TH350C tranny

The RPM cam has unbeliveable top end power and pulls hard at 4000 rpm and up but i don't want to rev the engine up to more than 5500 or 6000 rpm.
I would like to have more midrange power and a little bit smoother idle. But still i want to have good acceleration. I would like to cruise at low speed with 1500 rpm as well as driving on the autobahn and accelerate to the topend speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts