Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bolt on SF connectors that are offered by CE can you weld them in also? Correct me if I am wrong, the weld in ones that they offer require floor pan modifications, but all the previous posts that I have read about the bolt in ones do not require floor pan mod's. Someone please set me straight on this as I am in a bad need for them.. And is it absolutely necessary for the car to be sitting on all four when installing these, I don't have access to a lift. Any help would be most appreciated thanks in advance... I already have purchased solid body mount bushings, from CE is that really needed, not a track car just a weekend cruiser. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Yes, they can be welded into the front subframe. They should be bolted at the leaf spring pockets, though.

Yes, the car has to be on all four wheels, as uni-body cars twist and flex. That is why you want sub-frame connectors, so it won't twist or flex !

You can raise the car by placing 6X6 blocks under each wheel. This must be all on a level surface.

The best way to do it is on a "drive-on" lift. (4-post)

·
19,844 Posts
Thats how mine is... bolt-in sub connecters both bolted and welded.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers that was kinda what I was thinking but just wanted to make sure, since I dont want to have to make any floor pan modifications...Once again thanks

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
That's what I did,..welded in the 'bolt-on' CE SF connectors.

Did you swap your body mounts to solids? Those two upgrades will have huge impact on the car's handling.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
If you can put a bolt in it, you can put a bead on it.

Yes, you need to have the suspension loaded. Just use some good tall jackstands (the 6 ton and higher models have large footprint and extend way up) under the rear axle and put the front wheels on blocks or ramps or use jack stands with a board under the control arms. That'll load the suspension. I like to leave the jack under the front crossmember as well for safety (not lifted, but valve closed and against it)....had one rock on me once with stands under the front frame rails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts