Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Comp. Engineering traction bars? Has anyone used traction bar Part # C2102 and their upper shock mount Part # C2032 to relocate their rear shocks ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool What size tire did you fit under? The twelve bolt I found is from an 69 Cam but is narrowed 1 1/8 in. so the shock move is imminent.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Mark,

Look at the pic's in my signature. You will find that I used to have the CE traction bars and Shock mount. I have had a 295/50/15 on a 15X8 vette wheel but now I run 255/60 on the street and 275/60 drag radials at the track.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Idoxlr8, that is what I had in mind. I saw you used both Cal-Trac's and the Traction bar, which did you stick with? Which shock did you like best, I saw both a white set and an yellow set?:yes: Did the shock mount come with the Cal-Trac or was that something that you added?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Mark,

I started out with just CE traction bars, Then later I added the CE upper shock mount using the Monroe (Yellow) shocks. My 60ft stunk (2.2 +). Then I switched to the adjustable Rancho RSX 9000 (white Shocks) which dropped my 60ft to 1.8's. Since I moved to Texas I switched to Caltrac's (which come with the lower shock mount as part of the traction device) but now the car is in Paint prison so I don't have an actual track test with them. But I can tell you that they made a big difference in traction on the street.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tony, I have only heard really good things about the Cal-Trac's, in print and in person. Thanks for the shock info also. As of now, I'll probably go with the Cal-Trac's and the CE upper mount. I'll start with the Rancho's and go from there. Thanks again. Mark:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts