Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody with a 69 and have 245's or 235's in front and 265 or 275 rear tires have any problems? I'm not talking after market fenders or lip rolling either. I understand not all cars are the same and suspension makes a difference, but i'm talking stock as they come? If so, what rims do you have also? Im thinking on going 18 by 7 fronts and 18 by 9 rears with Foose nitrous.:beers:

·
Registered
657 Posts
What's the matter? Are you worried 8s and 9.5s are not going to fit? Go back and read over this thread http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146928 . Noone here can guarantee a fit because of all the variables. If you go with 7s and 9s you should be fine if you choose the correct backspace and tires. If you are not lowering the car you may want to re-think the 18s. In my opinion (for what ever that's worth:)) large diameter wheels and stock ride height doesn't really create the look you want by using the big wheels in the 1st place. There have been cars that have been lowered more than 3" that use 225/45s on 7s in the front with 4.75 backspace with NO issues. In the rear a 245/45 on a 8" wheel with 5 to 5.25" of backspace will work. These are VERY CONSERVATIVE sizes and unless something is wrong with the car SHOULD work with no issues. I know you're going to read this and think I'm being sarcastic but I'm not. I'm trying to understand why you are so worried.
To answer your question " Anybody with a 69 and have 245's or 235's in front and 265 or 275 rear tires have any problems? " Yes that's why this gets beaten to death. Lots of people have problems because we get back to all these cars are a little different for lots of reasons (RUST - accident damage - replacement panels - different suspension - 40 years of wear and tear - ride height - ect). That's why when this type of question gets asked so many people chime in. It's all meant to help but again noone can say for sure that's why we always say measure your car on both sides. If you're still not sure go to an expert or try something close. Good luck with what ever you choose to do.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Anybody with a 69 and have 245's or 235's in front and 265 or 275 rear tires have any problems? .:beers:

I had two 69's with 245x60x15's all the way around and the front rubbed pretty bad on turns. 275's in the rear fit fine with the right wheel.

Hope that helps........

bob

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Try to measure to see where you body sits on the frame. I am willing to bet most of the problem lie in cars that aren't perfectly centered. So one side fits fine but other side rubs because there isn't enough room. My car is a good example of this, there is probably 3/8" offset towards the drivers side. Just measure as much as you can before hand so know what oddities your car has. Worst case usually all you will need to do roll your fender lip if you go with the size/backspacing recommended.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I have 205/14 on the front and back is 245/60 /14.Not a rub no where. The rims are 7 inch SSwheels.Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
17" American Racing Torq Thrust II
Front: 17x8 (4.75" backspacing)
Back: 17x9.5 (5.5" backspacing)
BFG g-force KDW 235/45WR17 Front and 275/40WR17 Rear

No rubbing at all . I have Hotchkis springs and leafs so the cars is lower with koni's and tubular upper and lower control arms..

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks again all- i really didn't think about lowering the car at all and i can see know how 17 or 18 inch rims won't look right unless i do.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have a set of new 17" TT II in the exact sizes as the above thread. Have same backspace 4.75 front & 5.5 rear. Also have new front tires 245/45/17. Rear wheels only used at drag strip. Was about to list them for sale if you are interested.:)
Scott
[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts