Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am confused about which coil springs I should get. I have a 68 RS Camaro with a 396 big block. No power steering, (will add power rack later) No A/C (will add later) power four wheel disc brakes. I have 245/40/18 tires which are 25.7" tall and 18x8 rims with 4.5" back spacing and KYB shocks.

The car sits 25 3/4" in front from the ground to the wheel well and 27 3/4 " in the rear. (Plan to lower an 1" later) My problem is that it sits too low in the front because it scrapes while turning and if I brake too hard. I do not know what kind of springs are installed now but I am sure they are small block springs because it is not an original big block car. I need to raise the car up but I am not sure which springs I need. I am trying to make this a one time fix, I do not race and it's not a daily driver and I do not have a lot of money so I am not interested in coil over or any other expensive spring kit.

I just want to change the springs but don't know which springs to get. Does anybody with a big block know how much a difference would the ride height be between stock big block springs vs 2" drop big block springs. Thanks in advance. http://www.camaros.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57689&stc=1&d=1388717087

·
Registered
781 Posts
Do yourself a favour and get a set of coilover's and never have to worry about your ride height again.

Just my 2 cents ...

Steve

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Sounds more like u currently have cut springs in it at the moment... and maybe even sb cut springs if drops that far.
Get a set of new stock springs and if want to lower later mod with a kit.. spindles, ball joints etc.
Once set up right... like coil overs , u will never have to worry about them again.
I havnt had to worry about mine for the last 30yrs and setup was simple R & R and alignment.
lots of info what to use, how to etc in older posts if u use the search function above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts