1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
You need to see what Jerry wrote on the other pages. He states what's wrong or not standard etc with the state of the car. The taller rear guards with the rubber inserts were optional [V32]; included on Z/28 or with G31 Heavy-Duty Rear Springs. Looks like theres lots of docs on that car, the window sticker, if there, might reveal what should have came with the car. Nice friggin car though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Parkbrau, but nevertheless I thought, make that I KNOW, all 69 Zs came with the required bumper guards on the back to meet federal standards for bumper height because the Zs sat a little lower. Can't understand a rotisserie resto and a certification with these on the car. Mistake by the restoration?

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Thanks Parkbrau, but nevertheless I thought, make that I KNOW, all 69 Zs came with the required bumper guards on the back to meet federal standards for bumper height because the Zs sat a little lower. Can't understand a rotisserie resto and a certification with these on the car. Mistake by the restoration?

You are correct........ all 69s came with at least the small bumper guards (Bumperetts) running from the bumper down to the bottom of the tailpan. RPO V32 (included within RPO Z28 for the 69 model year) were the larger guards that extend above the rear bumper and have rubber strips on them. These could be ordered on any 69 Camaro however came standard on the Z28. You are right, poor restoration facts on that one :(

·
11,464 Posts
Barry, welcome from the other NJers here. Yes, Jerry certificate includes other pages of notes that detail what is missing, incorrect, repro. I am sure the bumper guards, upside down cowl seal, nonpainted door strikes and the incorrectly painted tank straps are noted there. Try to get those from the seller. The website said this was sold, did you buy it? If you are in Central NJ, hope to see the car at the car shows!

PS, we have seen this in other high dollar resto, they get most things right, but a handful of details get missed.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
NK-1 rim? Gray inner spare wheel? BFG Radial T/As? Regardless of the minor things, that is a damn nice looking car :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts