Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I attempted. to bench bleed my master cylinder last night while still on the car. Leveled the master cylinder and hooked up my bleeder kit. Its a 67 with manual drums all around. Front compartment, closest to radiator, went perfect. The second compartment, closest to firewall, seems to be operating backwards. Instead of pushing the fluid out the bottom, its sucking out the top and wants to push the fluid in the bottom. Other than being apart for 15 years, master cylinder and pedal are original.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
While having MC "level" is correct....you should remove the MC from booster and bench bleed.

I suspect you are not getting "full" travel of the MC piston with it installed as the brakes are preventing it to travel "fully". Especially the rear chamber for the rear brakes

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
I've bench bled many masters on the car and never mattered to me if they were level. I always used the hose that came in the M/C and routed them into the reservoir. I can't say I've ever noticed what you are describing. Have you pulled the hose out of the fluid and watched what happens when the pedal is pushed?

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts