Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
im very confused to my new camaro i got. its a 93 base, 3.4, 5 speed manual. nothing fancy yet.the kid i got it from was a complete car idiot and im going through and correcting all his mastakes. now i got a check engine light and i went and shorted terminal a and b but the light did not flash instead the electric fan came on. what the heck???need some help here.and it has a 12 pin connector

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I'm not sure the wire shorting trick worked on 93s - hopefully someone can confirm. I know it did in 87.

·
Registered
23 Posts
it should work in 93 it still the same cpu
and the fan do suppose to come on
so you do it right....but im not sure why the light does not flashes

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
93's do do it.. Have done it multiple times. Somebody messed up your wiring. There should be no fan controls through the MIL. the ECM might kick the fans on then off quick indicating going into diagnostic mode it also does this during pulling an flashing a tune on 94's. Not sure it would on a 93 because of the rom base. Not sure though. Hold it in a couple of seconds try all terminals and see if it works.

A couple terminals are for the trans and you cant hurt anything by jumping the terminals.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the car looked at and it had a bad coolant sensor . i replaced it and it ran fine for a little bit now it wont start. before itwould run really good then after awhile it would rev up andf idle at about 3k if i give it gas it just dies no missing or anything just dead. if i let off before it gets to low then it will go back to 2-3k. it stalled and now it wont start. i have brand new wires, plugs, TPS, and coolant sensor. what in the heck could be wrong??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts