Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '69 with manual drums all the way around. A friend of mine gave me some disk brake spindle setup. I've got to replace the old bearings, seals calipers, pads, rotors,dust caps, pins, etc. I also need new hoses. Would it be almost as cheap just to buy one of the kits off of ebay than to just pice together what I've got? I need to replace the master cylinder and want to keep it manual. Which do I need? And also what proportional valve? Thanks Keith

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
My kit for everything minus the booster and prop valve was 235.00 plus 35.00 shipping!! I left my car manual disc on thr front i didnt change the prop valve..but i did cange the booster for an extra 29.00.....i would call an auto parts store and add up all that you need then go shopping fo a complete kit..and compare the difference..might br better off with a kit??

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I bought an MBM kit from Pirate Jack. It was about $500 and complete witih spindles, MC, combination valve, etc. It's a nice kit for the money.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
For "all that stuff" ............
24--for pads
47--master cylinder
58--bearings
10--seals
110--rotors
???--calipers
those prices seem high to me. why replace the bearings unless theyre pitted? last reman calipers I bought at O'reillys were like 14$ ea

·
19,736 Posts
These (above) were a quick one stop look at Autozone web site..... no shopping around. I thought they were high some too but been a long time since I bought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts