Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the Holley Sniper EFI master kit for use in my 68 Camaro convertible. My question is, Will I have to replace the gas tank to make this work or can I just bolt it on and go? The master kit comes with the return line. fuel pump, O2 sensor and connectors. Is this stand alone?

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
If you use a stock gas tank you may suffer fuel starvation issues when the fuel level in the tank is low. Not recommended by most but I am sure there are guys who do it and keep the fuel level high.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
If I were concerned about fuel delivery and didn't want the cost of a new tank or fuel pump and return line, I'd use a fuel accumulator (or whatever you call those). Check out my recent post for which the link is provide below. As I state there, I have no knowledge of this product or other similar products, but I'd sure look into it as it sounds like an easy bolt on solution and the mechanical pump will provide more than enough supply to the accumulator tank.

http://www.camaros.net/forums/13-performance/356674-possible-ti-run-600hp-bbc-mechanical-fp-3.html

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I were concerned about fuel delivery and didn't want the cost of a new tank or fuel pump and return line, I'd use a fuel accumulator (or whatever you call those). Check out my recent post for which the link is provide below. As I state there, I have no knowledge of this product or other similar products, but I'd sure look into it as it sounds like an easy bolt on solution and the mechanical pump will provide more than enough supply to the accumulator tank.

http://www.camaros.net/forums/13-performance/356674-possible-ti-run-600hp-bbc-mechanical-fp-3.html
That looks really interesting. I wonder if it does the job?

·
Registered
11 Posts
In my opinion for just a about $200 more why not go with an EFI specific tank with an in-tank fuel pump?

That's my plan. I'm about to put the trigger on a whole setup and right now I plan to use a Tanks Inc. EFI tank with a 255 LPH in-tank and their stock sending unit. I will use the LS fuel filter/regulator near the tank so I only have to run one feed line to the EFI with a short return line (even though Holley really recommends running a full return line). Right now I'm leaning towards a Holley Sniper (polished) but the FiTech is right there especially since they are $100 off right now. Holley is back ordered for a week so I'm going to keep researching for a few more days before making a final decision.

I plan to do a full write up with pictures all along the way.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Fuel injection is on my radar for my car someday. I love the idea of these basically bolt on kits at reasonable prices.

Last year I helped a buddy install one of those EFI tanks in his 71 Chevelle. His original tank had seen better days and since he also has future plans for fuel injection he bit the bullet and went with the EFI tank with the in tank fuel pump.

It was a quality piece and install was a snap. We wired the fuel pump right into the ignition switch so that when he turned his key to the "ON" position the pump came on and was ready to supply fuel. We also had to install an inline fuel pressure regulator but that was a breeze. He's now running this tank on a carbureted 383 in his Chevelle and eventually he's going to be the guinea pig for aftermarket fuel injection in a Musclecar in my group of buddies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts