Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of my current gauge cluster.
I'm considering changing out stock gauges and the current aftermarket gauges with this more classic looking gauge cluster.

Has anyone tried this? How much work is it really? I imagine the wiring is quite a task but it seems like it would clean up the dash quite a bit.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
322 Posts
Love the carbon fiber gauges. I am going with the same on my 69 from Covan's.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's a matter of personal taste. I really dislike Covans, as they replace a streamlined pod with a flat panel that looks like a Nascar dash. I think your clutter resides in the pod-mounted tach; if you would relocate it to the main stock right pod like the factory dash it would clean-up your dash a lot. But again, it's a matter of PERSONAL taste.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Here is a picture of my current gauge cluster.
I'm considering changing out stock gauges and the current aftermarket gauges with this more classic looking gauge cluster.

Has anyone tried this? How much work is it really? I imagine the wiring is quite a task but it seems like it would clean up the dash quite a bit.

Thanks,
Paul
I like the idea of having all the gauges up higher.
Easier to see and check the vital signs

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I realize it is kind of "Hot Rod" to have gauges all over the car on the A pillar and on the trans tunnel, but that isn't the "look" I'm going for. So I talked to John Covan and bought the black '67, '68 center dash pod with American Muscle Autometer gauges.

I think they look really cool in the day time and then have this morphing into a really cool night time gauge. On this link you can mouse over the View Nightime look.

I'll post picks once it is installed.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts