Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the console conversion on my 1967 Camaro about a year ago. I have forgotten where the tan wire goes from location12 of the gauge harness connector. It came loose and is hanging and my fuel gauge isn't working and I cant figure out where it goes. I have the instructions but it says remove tan wire from from location 1 of speedometer cluster and eliminate this wire. I did that previously. it also says remove the from the dash side of the rear body connector and replace it with the tan wire from location 12 of the gauge harness connector. I don't remember what the location is on the dash side of the rear body connector. Can someone please tell me where this is.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Re: Console conversion tan fuel gauge wire ????

You mean it is disconnected from the console connection to the gauge or the rear to the console connector?

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Re: Console conversion tan fuel gauge wire ????

Not sure if this helps (and my numbers don't match yours so don't bank on it) but when I did mine I only had speedo and fuel gauge. The pic below was the existing connector, from which I re-routed wires (some from idiot lights) to the new gauges. #1 wire is tan and was/is the brake warning light. #10, also tan, was/is gas. #12 is blue and was used for the oil warning light. You said your #12 is tan so not sure what that's about.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts