Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark
I have that diagram and it looks like only two wires go to each. I just wanted to make sure I am hooking up the right connector to the right gauge. There is a connector that has three wires in it and a connector that has two (I've already hooked up the ammeter gauge -that one I know) I'm just wondering which connector goes to which gauge. I think just by the shape of the connectors that the fuel gauge gets the one with the three wires but that's what I want to verify...
Thanks

Dan
'68 Convertible

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark:
Perfect! Thank you!! Well at least now I know I have it hooked up right. Now to find out why it's dead...

I'm wondering if you might have any answers to the other questions I posted in the Electronics forum on the fuel gauge..

1. Should it work ok without the low fuel module hooked up?
2. Should it work ok without the tach and speedo cluster installed in the car.

I just can't figure out why it won't work. It's just dead. My dash mounted fuel gauge worked perfect before the console gauge install so I know it's not a ground or sending unit issue.
I've double checked all the connections but I get nothing. Should I be able to get a test light to glow if I put it in the harness connection?? At least that way I know that it might be the actual gauge that is faulty....

Thanks!!!

Dan
'68 COnvertible

1 - 5 of 5 Posts