Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was watching Hot Rod (now horsepower) TV on TNN today and on their "hot parts" segment they had a new gauge kit from Auto Gauge (I think) that fits right into the 67-68 Camaro console and houses 4 gauges. Anybody using this? They said it only costs $40 with the gauges, but no wires.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Boodlefoof,
I bought the complete setup from Summit last year & the 4 guage pod is $39. not the complete guage pkg. I think, with the Auto Guages & pod, the total price was $217.
By the way it looks great, much better than the old original style.
Dan

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am looking at the same setup, so far Summit has the best price. They are electrical gauges, mechanical are slightly higher.

Kevin

------------------
68 Camaro SS - In Resto

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, that is more expensive than I had thought. From what I heard today they made it sound like the pod came with the gauges. Those ambiguous bastards. Thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Joe G - Yes, it will fit '69 also. Do a search in the archives - it has been thoroughly discussed before. I posted some pictures of the completed assembly awhile back. Looks very nice.

Let me know if you can't find the pictures and I'll see if I still have them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
FYI It does not fit the 1967 Console--for sure. I bought one and tried to modify it, but no way will it work and Autometer has no plans to make one for the 67.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is a bit pricey, has anyone put in one of those pre-assembled auto gauge two or three gauge panels? Uhhh... they are in the Summit catalog and cost around $40 with gauges?

·
Registered
215 Posts
boodlefoof I used that Auto guage 3 gauge panel and I wasn't impressed with the quality of the gauges. 2 of the 3 ended up only working for about a month before they crapped out. Sure its inexpensive but you definitley get what you pay for. If I had to do it over again I'd spend the extra money and get Autometer gauges.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.