Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of console gauges for my 69 convertible. Most of the sets I've seen used come with an OEM plug. Was there a matching plug under the console or was it installed at the factory only on cars originally equipped with the console gauges??

TIA

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
I think the console option kicked the wiring harness at Fisher to add the console plug you need. The bare plug isnt available anywhere Ive seen yet, so you will be on your own running wires for the guages. That harness also carried neutral safety switch wires for the automatics, not sure about the stick drives. Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
M&H makes a kit for this application

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
You will need a conversion harness and the console extension harness if you do not have it already. I did the swap before and it is DEFINATELY worth buying the harnesses W/instructions IMHO.

-Mark.

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Are we talking the same plug here 'late'?
My plug is a 12 pin plug and Ive never seen one of those in my car going to the rear of the car.
Here is the schematic of the wiring. I wish I had taken a pic of the plug itself when I redid my inside last winter. Mine is a huge plug nearly 3" wide and about 1.5" tall and nearly 2" deep.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yes Click the 12pin connector.You can add and remove wires as you like.Just look for an old hacked up harness.Amazing what you can find if you look hard enough.

Look behind the top drivers kick panel,some are stuffed behind the park brake mechanism.Either way its the one that will kink youre neck to fin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts