Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any reason that the console Gauge wiring would effect the Tach? It was working - now not. On mine the Brown wire off Tach goes to the coil, Black- Ground and then the pink looks as though it runs into the console wiring....Any ideas on where I should start to look for the problem?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jim: Thanks for the color chart. The gauges are brand new....both the Fuel and the temp gauges are not working. The wiring harness that was hooked up to the old gauges had the black and black/white wires attached to the Fuel gauge...with the correct coupler. In stead of pulling the wires from the harness coupler, I took the nipples off the gauges and swapped them so that the pink/tan are connected to the fuel gauge and the black and black/white are to the battery gauge. Still nothing. Fuse looks fine, but I will replace tomorrow. Tach also is not working...it was before I started this project....Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
If you look at the diagram I emailed, the pink wire take "IGN" power to the dash (for the tach, gen light, brake light, & low fuel light) and to the console connector (C240) for the temp & fuel guage.

I imagine your brake, gen, and low fuel don't work either?

With both groupsw out, I'd imagine it's not a ground problem. You either have a blown fuse or an open on the pink wire. Start by measuring voltage across the fuse with the key on, if not zero fuse is blown. If it is zero, measure voltage from the fuse to ground, should be 12 bet it ain't.

I'd disconnect the console connector and the dash connector (hmmm, the diagram doesn't show a dash connector, sorry I'm weak on 69's) before replacing the fuse. Make sure you have power on the pink wire and the fuse doesn't blow again, the start hooking things back up til the fuse blows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.