Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a very thin yellow wire coming from, I think, the low fuel in the console guages in my 69. Where does that wire connect to? Also a black wire from the harness, would that be a ground wire and if so, where does that get connected to or is it a light wire?

·
Retired
16,013 Posts
yellow attaches to low fuel module, black would be ground. The AIM manual shows where they all attach.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The low fuel module was an option. I just rewired my gauges and I did not have the low fuel module. I believe the yellow wire has a connector on it??? I just taped it up and did'nt use it. I think it costs like 50-60 bucks. On the bottom of your cluster gauge I think there is a very short ground wire that is screwed into the cluster guage. Take the black wire coming out of the harness and attach it to that same screw where there is already a ground. That ground out of the harness is what completes circut for the 4 gauge lights.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Right. Yellow wire from gauges/low fuel module plugs into console harness and runs up to the speedo gauge low fuel warning light. The black ground wire is really a loop (one wire) from the back of the gauges on one end and screwed to the transmission tunnel on the other. Loop meaning it runs into the harness and right back out...

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
You can pick up an AIM at any of the Camaro parts vendors...

The console wiring diagram is not included in the AIM. It is part of the RS and Console wiring diagrams. The attachment above is basically what one gets...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts