Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd ping the group for one last try to get my console wiring right...

I've put in auto-meter console guages, and would very much like to connect them through the stock auto-trans console harness. I would need to add or retask 3 wires.

First, could someone confirm that the pink wire to the backup light switch IS ignition switched power?

In addition to power, ground, and illumination, I need to add or retask 3 wires. I can use the purple neutral safety switch wires for 2 of them, for the third, I either need to add a pin set to the connector, or give up on ever having backup lights, and retask that wire.

Would anyone like to send me a surplus console harness, and style, and year?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I should have at least part of a harness some where but I’ve got to get back to yard work first before I start cleaning up and digging around in the garage.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tx geez, lemme know. I really only need the main connector, to lberate a few pins.

I keep on telling myself to be patient... painted the dash yesterday, want so bad to button up the wiring and move on...if I sacrfice the backup lights, could be done in 20 minutes...lol

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, tx carl, and geez... I decided to assume... since the wires are green and pink, and the wire in the truck is green, and we don't need backup lights when the keys off... pink must be switched ignition. Also decided that since my backup light switch (if I ever get one) will be on the trans, not in the console, I can use that wire, so I did and it's done!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Well ok! Then I’ll get back to barbecuing, beer drinking, and soaking up some rays on this perfect 85* day!

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just don't wanna hear about it... It LOOKS like a beautiful day here, but it's like 28 degrees! At least it's wamr in the garage, and got the race on the radio. Hiost a beer for me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts