Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i got a 68 camaro conv 350 4sp . i bought aconsole for it but i think it is for a 67 auto can i make this wok with a 4 speed .Thanks for any info Camaro is all new to me i just sold a ss 396 70 chevelle

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
1967 and 1968/69 Consloes are different styles, but yes - you 'could' make it work in your car by buying the necessary parts for a 67 4-speed consol and installing them.
It may really be cheaper (and more correct) to keep looking for the more common 68/69 type console and put the one you have up on this sites FREE adds section or on eBay etc... your 67 console should sell pretty quickly if fair priced.
The 68/69 style consoles are also available repoped and some in "kit" form from most of the Camaro Parts sources including this sites sponsor at the bottom of the page.

Welcome to the world of Camaros and good luck in you project.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
You will be better of selling the 67 console and getting a 68/69 console. The 67 has a shifter that if you don't already have it will be hard to find and cost $$$$. The down side to it also it that it's shift rod activated. Not a bad thing it's just cheaper and esyier to use the correct 68/69 parts for your 68 Camaro. 68/69 Consoles can be gotten for a good price. You also have major adavantages in the console gauge selection. You can install a complete Autometer set for half the cost of 68/69 consoles gauges and 1/3 of the cost of 67's.

Joe

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you have the 4 speed in the car already and an automatic console, shouldn't he just unbolt the automatic plates and buy the four speed center plate?
Roger

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Ooops sorry

It's a 4-speed. Sorry about that. If you have the shifter and everthing for an automatic 67 you should be able to sell the automatic parts for more than enough to buy the parts you need to convert to a 4-speed.If you want to go with a gauge set up in the future a 68/69 console is going to be cheaper to convert.

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts