Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! new to this

i have a shot at a subframe for a 67' camaro, what im hesitant on is that it is described as DSE bracketry being installed on it all ready, are there any tubular control arms and coil overs OTHER THAN DSE that i can use with this bracketry? or are DSE parts the only brand that this bracketry is universal with?

·
Super Moderator
32,769 Posts
Welcome, Brent, enjoy the cruise
BMR, a sponsor here,
Hot Rods to Hell, maybe

·
Registered
204 Posts
Brent,

I would guess they are talking about the Coilover Conversion Bracketry that is designed to convert your stock front subframe to a true coilover shock/spring. It also provides a new upper control arm mounting plate that is relocated to a new position to improve geometry by raising the front roll center.

Other manufacturers parts will most likely fit, but all companies design their parts to work together. You would run the risk of some undesirable geometry. It's best to stay with one manufacture unless you know enough about suspensions to know how each part interacts with each other.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
I've got that setup. You can run whatever control arms and shocks you'd like. I have SPC adjustable uppers and DSE lowers with Varishocks. Not that critical
The biggest gripe I have and everyone else has is that the coilover setup requires installing the shocks upside down...suspension doesn't care but you cant adjust ride height easily. You have to disarticulate the lower ball joint and pull out the shock to adjust it. Once you have it setup you just leave it ...but initally it is a PITA to do. If I had to do over I'd just get their complete subframe setup. By the time you buy control arms, steering gear, shocks, ..oh and the ATS for spindles for brake upgrade you're not much ahead $ wise.

·
Premium Member
3,906 Posts
disarticulate
I can visualize the head scratching going on.
Mighty big word for these environs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts