Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the sticky (thanks Joe) and saw this:
MOOG K5250 [Upper Control Arm Offset Shaft Kit] Problem Solver Kit; Provides Additional Positive Camb er Adjustment; Front Suspension
Would this offset shaft help with a standard suspension setup camber?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I used it on my to get the camber correct...so, I think your answer would be yep!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done some reading on the offset control arm shafts. It seems they are used to overcome sub-frame "sag". Our '69's sub-frame is completely stripped right now. Can I measure the subframe specs to determine if it is "sagging"? Then if it is found to be o.k., use the OEM shafts? Or would the offset shafts be beneficial even with an "on spec" subframe?

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
They keep us from having to use a handful of shims to get the alignment we usually like too..

They remove at least a 1/4" or so of shims!!

pdq67

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They keep us from having to use a handful of shims to get the alignment we usually like too..

They remove at least a 1/4" or so of shims!!

pdq67
I'm concerned that the driver side upper control arm had 3 thick shims in the rear connection, and one thin shim in the front. It did look original. In this situation, won't I be trading shims from rear to front? I also do not know if the "as bought" setup was in alignment.
Is an uneven shimmed control arm a concern?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts