Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I did the conversion to a C4 Corvette brake system at the front with 13" rotors (option for 92' LT1 Corvette, which was the donor car). Now the C5 brake calibers have bigger pads so at lwast a higher efficieny. I want to know if the C5 calibers have the same bolt pattern, dimensions etc. so that the change will be an easy process. The dimension of the 13" disk is not the problem, because the inner area is not attached from the pads.

·
Retired
26,739 Posts
I know the C4 vette guys will sometimes upgrade to C5 calipers but I believe they use an adapter to bolt up the caliper. I have heard of using C5 calipers with both C5 rotors (12.7"x1.25") and C4 rotors (13"x1.1") but they were kits with brackets made for the C5 calipers. Your first step should be looking into the adapter the C4 guys are using.

https://www.superchevyperformance.com/Articles.asp?ID=124

·
10,157 Posts
Bigger pads don’t brake better but they last longer. If you take a given clamping force from a caliper piston, apply it to a larger pad, the pressure per square inch is lower.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,662 Posts
Markus, another thing to consider is that your current wheels might not fit with the C5 stuff. The caliper sticks out further on the C5 stuff than the C4 stuff. Like Simon says, go to Kore3's website and download the fitment template from here- KORE3 Industries LLC: On and Off-Road Performance Automotive Components the standard C5 is the 325mm one. Tobin (Owner on Kore3) is phenomenal to deal with!

·
Registered
518 Posts
As mentioned above.... talk to Tobin at Kore3. Good guy. Smart. I got my C6 conversion through him.. It will put you right up on the dash!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts