Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 coupe with a 327 210 HP with a 2 barrel carb on it and I want to convert it to a 275HP with 4 barrel carb. My questions are what else is different on the outside of the motor? I do not know what air cleaner is correct, is it an open or closed element and how big and chrome or painted that this motor used? Also someone told me it would have had chrome valve covers on it, is this true? Are there any other changes that I should know about? Thanks and if anyone has any of the parts I will need for sale please E-mail Thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am no expert, but you should probably change the heads too, as the 2bbl heads will not breath enough for the 4bbl carb and intake.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a 67 327/275 when I was a kid. I loved that car. It was so light, the motor started every time and it was just fun. It did not have chrome valve covers and I bought the car in 1968. By the way my memory is that the car did one great run with a 14.40 et completely stock and I loved smoking my friends cars. I eventually put a cam in it and did some other minor things to it but it was a winner and a sleeper! Good luck.

------------------
69 Z28 clone w/502/502
69 Hugger Orange Yenko
http://communities.msn.com/427cruiserphotosite

1 - 4 of 4 Posts