Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats involved in converting std to deluxe interior. Are the front buckets the same and just different covers? How about the back seat? On a rally sport instead of a middle single overhead light it was on right & left sail panel?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Lights on the sail panels and the wiring different door opening mechanisms, the rear side panels are different as they have armrests and the back seat is narrower than standard. Then the door panels and trim and new door opening handles. The conversion with new parts costs about 1000 (without the new narrow seat) plus seat rebuilds.

·
Registered
228 Posts
what is involved in changing 67 std to deluxe interior ? answer MONEY!
I loved my car when I got it , the bright blue deluxe interior , special door handle's , special interior light's on the sail panel's , deluxe seat's with the stripe's on them , loved it but a lot of it need's replaced , ie door panel's carpet seat cover's , this is my 5th camaro but 1st one with deluxe , so after a few day's I looked in the catolog's to check out these interior part's BUMMER !! two front door panel's will cost more than a whole interior for a std , the two front door panel's with new emblem's $500 buck's , seat cover's $269 , I will never be able to restore the interior of my car , it will take $1500 buck's to do it correctly , this bother's me but I love the car anyway , I just keep a role of duct tape handy ,

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR

·
Registered
228 Posts
this is one of those catch 22 type deal's for me , the only way I could ever come up with enough money to restore my 67's delu$e interior would be to sell the car !
go figure !

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts