Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm restoring a 69 convertible and am looking for seats with shoulder belts. I have an extended cab truck where the shoulder belts are built into the seat are there any aftermarket seats similar to this for a convertible camaro? or will seats out of another car work?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Flash,

First off, Welcome to Camaros.net. It's a great place, and full of information, and great guys (and gals too!). :D

On the '69 Converts the shoulder harness was mounted in the back between the top extension of the armrest, and the 1/4 door panel. See the pic below:

I'm sure you could get some sort of replacement or get something out of another vehicle, but the above picture is the correct way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was thinking the same way as Flash. The original camaro seats aren't that comfortable and the shoulder harness is pretty cumbersome. If you aren't concerned about keeping the car close to original, seats out of many of the late model convertibles have the shoulder harness built into the seat back.

So to kind of get back to Flash's original question, does anyone have any experience with aftermarket products along this line or using seats out of some other vehicle?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I seem to remember someone toying with the idea of using seats from a convertible Chrysler Sebring. It may have been on the www.pro-touring.com board though. Try a search and see what comes up. Good luck!!

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
I remember seeing an ad in the back of Super Chevy (or similar) for those. You might check your magazines.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I've heard that some have used Chrysler LeBaron seats out of the convertible. They look alittle to soft to me though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts