Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a few weeks from starting on my 69 vert stance. The rear seems to be about an inch lower than it should be. I am looking for a level or slightly higher, (1"), rear end stance. Will this affect the front end, steering and handeling? Also, I am open to recommendations for the right way to fix the stance.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
824 Posts
Have a look at mine and see if its to low for you .
Mark.
I love the stance. I own a '67 and am about to embark on new suspension, motor, tranny and rear end. Basically, everything new but the body and interior.

I have already purchased the Hotchkis TVS with Sub frame connectors and GW tubular upper lower control arms. The 500hp (roughly) 408 SBC is on order. I should have it in 6-8 weeks.

What suspension do you have underneath yours?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark - that looks GREAT! Although I am tring to keep all stock looking and not run the cost up too much.

Dave - if your asking me I have a multi-leaf rear and original control Arms and coils on the front. I am afraid to try and fix the prob by cutting down the front springs...seems like that would be adjusting to a problem rather than fixing a problem, (like sag). Thoughts?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have hotchkis rear springs on mine with Landrum coils and adjusters.
I was able to adjust my front to get it perfect very easily. I'm
using this setup with Bilstien shocks and it gives a nice ride.
Go to member "CarlC" for more info on springs also ATS makes nice spring adjusters now. Every car is a little different, being able to adj the front is
well worth the money and labor if the stance matters. Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts