Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have just made and installed a set of connectors for Elmer Millikan's 69 convert (Pics available on website). I contacted Kyle Tucker to see about making a set for me which he his willing to do. Price quoted was about $200.00 the set, yet to be confirmed. Thought I would let other convertible owners know, so if there is enough interest might be able to make a few together and reduce? costs.

Roger

·
Registered
124 Posts
I wonder how much I am going to have to pay?
I hope it's not much more than you guys!

Guys, if you have a need for any of Kyle's parts or services, don't hesitate to give him your business. He is a true craftsman and does nothing but great work. I am truly impressed with my dealings with Detroit Speed and Engineering.

Cheers!

Elmer

------------------
1969 Camaro RS Convertible
406 SBC Accel Superram, 700R4, 3.55 12 bolt
ARDF suspension, 17" Budniks, Baer 13" 4 wheel discs, Dakota Digital, etc.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Elmer, let me tell you I was shocked
when he told me how much yours were costing

But seriously, and I don't want this to sound like a fan club, Kyle has been truly helpful! I am doing a Pro Tourer 68 Conv. project which is going to be converted to Right Hand Drive (RHD). I am planning to use a RHD Saginaw 800 steering box out of a 1968 Impala, which is a mirror look to LHD box in Camaro but which in standard form is 20 to 1 ratio & over 4 turns lock to lock, like steering the Queen Mary. After trying to find someone here in Australia to try and upgrade this unit I came up empty handed, got the feeling this was a bit difficult for these so called experts, couldn't buy it off the shelf.
No problem for Kyle though, he has been on the phone direct with the people at Saginaw for parts availability, 14 to 1 & 2 1/2 turns seems to be the best they can do, and he was sending someone to look at the parts first hand before I ship the box. That is what I call customer service.

Elmer I will be following your project closely on their website always looking for (stealing
) ideas.

Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts