Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no Idea on how to go about converting my fourwheel drum...to disc.....help....my cars a 69...should I go buy an expensive conversion kit or can I get this stuff at a salvage yard???

------------------
1969 Camaro Coupe Dover white/ IceBlue Z28 Striping/standard Bl Int. Redline ARR wheels

[This message has been edited by straight 6 (edited 12-08-2000).]

·
10,142 Posts
Your'e at the right place for info.
Lots of people here have done it.

I've posted some info on my web page and if you search the archives in the Suspension & Brakes section you will find a lot.

Go there and post when you have read my page and done the search of past messages.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Can Am Vintage Racer

·
Registered
610 Posts
Look around for the spindles, backing plates, & disc brake brackets! Buy new rotors ,calipers, pads, & brake hoses. You can save a lot of money doing this. I found a complete outfit at a reasonable price the other day off of a 70 model Pontaic Lemans.

------------------
johnny

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But don't I need a Camaro disc-brake Booster

------------------
1969 Camaro Coupe Dover white/ IceBlue Z28 Striping/standard Bl Int. Redline ARR wheels

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 68 that I put front disks brakes on, I bought a junked 74 Nova for $150 I bought new pads, hoses, had the rotors turned, put the whole system on i.e. booster, and it works way nice, and bolted rigth up. Also I have read that you need to avoid the really hard stops for the first 100 miles or so for it to all seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts