Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking in my Ricks First Gen. and i saw that they had different manifolds. one for automatic and one for 4-speed will i need to purchase the 4 speed manifolds for the conversion? And does anyone no about how much this swap cost me?THANKS

·
Registered
775 Posts
I didn't have to change the exhaust manifolds on my 69 to change it over. From what automatic are you changing? I was lucky and had a short shaft TH350. This meant that I could use the same driveline and crossmember. As for cost, I think that I spent about $600-700 not counting the $300 I just spent to have the tranny rebuilt. I got a tranny for $350 and I traded the old TH350 for the Z-Bar linkage, bellhousing, flywheel, and pedals. I had to buy a clutch (I bought a heavy duty clutch), shifter, console panels, and some other things that I can't remember right now.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
if you want it to look stock, you'll have to change the steering column, or at least the bowl. Also the gear indicator on the dash housing, neutral safety switch, back up light switch, reverse lockout linkage, (at least the link from the bellcrank to the reverse lever on the transmission. Brake and clutch pedal, all clutch linkage, speedo cable. Probably a few things I forgot.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
The only reason that they list different exhaust manifolds for auto and manual transmissioned cars is that cars with manual transmissions had the connections on the exhaust manifold for the AIR system (the air pump) tubes. Has nothing to do with the installation of the transmission itself.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Oh yeah, we didn't answer his question about manifolds...Sorry.
I have a 4 speed, so I got the ones with taps. Then I plugged them because I am not putting the smog system on. If I change my mind later, I won't have to change manifolds. However, I'll still have to fork over 800-1000 for the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts