Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be converting from drum front brakes to disc. wanna do it the inexpensive way. this will be a street/strip car. thinking about buying this kit off ebay. I will be running a roller mechanical cam with about 570-580 lift 240-250 duration on a 108 on a 383 stroker. trying not to have to run a vacumn pump. ( i will if i absolutley have too) will have power steering. will any of the following master brake cyclinders work so i dont have to run vacumn pump. they offer several kinds.
what options do i have with disc brakes. would manual disc brakes be ok with what i wanna do, or should i go ahead and get powered?? any help is appreciated.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-Power-Disc-Brake-Conversion-Kit-Camaro-1967-1969-68-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem563d591427QQitemZ370396435495QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I think that's kinda high for what it is. You can reuse your spindles if you're willing to cut down the mounting boss. The rest of the stuff is easily obtained.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Looking at the ad, warranty, their ebay store, and location (Ohio) I'm going to guess that this is Right Stuff Detailing. That's a much better price than through their website and even a little better than the shipped price for the same kit through Matt's Classic Bowties ($525). It's a good kit. They can set it up for manual and it should knock at least $90 off the price.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can i buy the power disc brake set up and not use the booster, would that make it a manual? i may go power down the road so it would be nice to have for later. they will only knock off 40.00 if i buy the manual brake system vs the power so might as well get the power if i can use it as a manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts