Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the classic update harness which has the +of the battery run directly to the starter (no where else) and the altenator and ignition wires coming from the starter. Needless to say, i have a lot of wires by the starter, up against (nearly) the block, under the headers.

I guess the heat finally got to my convoluted tubing because it melted away. I'm concerned that if the heat is really that bad, the shield the tubing was providing now allows all that heat to go directly to the wires which i don't want to melt!

Has anyone had any issues with this or solutions? I've tried runing the wires away as best i could but its not enough. Anyone know of some high heat convoluted tubing (shield)? I would like to stay away from wraping the headers if i can.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
stock convoluted tubing is more durable than most of the aftermarket stuff- that's why i used to have a big box of tubing from cars that i had parted out.

·
Retired
16,013 Posts
I had melted wires too, installed this tubing piece and no further melting, the air moves up thru the tube as well as keeping the wires away from the heat sources. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts