Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an alumitech radiator with dual spal fans on it. We have it wired up to run with the engine and key off if it is still at above the sensor temp when shut off. Sometimes it runs for a little while before shutting off. Does anyone think this will be ok? We just figured it would be best to cool the motor and aluminum heads (ZZ383) off while sitting there not running rather than holding all the heat. What does anyone think about this? Thanks.

·
Registered
993 Posts
i agree with steve. no point in cooling the radiator with no fluid movement to the heads or block. you're just draining the battery with those high-amperage fan motors. when you kill the engine, a 20 degree rise in gauge temp is normal, and that shouldn't hurt anything if you killed it with a safe/normal temp to begin with. saves on your fan life, too. isn't slower cooling and heating better for the iron/aluminum combo anyway?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have an alumitech radiator with dual spal fans on it. We have it wired up to run with the engine and key off if it is still at above the sensor temp when shut off. Sometimes it runs for a little while before shutting off. Does anyone think this will be ok? We just figured it would be best to cool the motor and aluminum heads (ZZ383) off while sitting there not running rather than holding all the heat. What does anyone think about this? Thanks.
the off point for the fans is 175 degrees .. the best way to accomplish this is a 180 t/stat with by pass holes drilled in to allow things to cool to the lower temp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts