1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Yes, a lot of COPO cars are X44, it just means no style trim(wheel opening moldings, taillight moldings, drip rail moldings, etc.) I think it's interesting that he never mentions that it's the #'s matching engine which would clinch it being a COPO. We'll see.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
i wouldnt believe a word that guy has written. he says no rust or body rot, but its staring you right in the face! it's like the last of those 3900 "original miles" is when it was driven into a lake!

S

·
0 Posts
I thoguht COPO's did'nt come with consoles and or gauges? Maybee I'm wrong? I'am I?
Mike

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Most COPO's were plain Janes, but they could be optioned out as almost any Camaro.

The Yenkos were COPOs, but they were ordered by the dealership, and not by the customer. I think the only option that appeared on a Yenko, was vinyl top.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Buyer beware!!!!!!
1. 711 Black standard interior listed on cowl tag, but photo shows comfortweave.
2. No photos of engine compartment...even if the motor is long gone.
3. May be 3900 on odometer, but must've gone around.
4. No mention of any hi po components. I'll bet photos of underside would show monoleaf, 10 bolt, and single exhaust.

X

·
0 Posts
This car has been on E-bay before

------------------
Tony
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>1979 Z-28, 350- Edelbrock Performer RPM Package- TH350
<LI>2000 Gmc Sonoma - 5-speed 4.10 rear
[/list]

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I talked to the owner. Of course, non-OE motor and they are "looking" for the paperwork. Inner wheel wells cut for slicks,
has welded-on towing brackets. Has BE, M21.

Whaddya want for $20k+?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Funny.....i figured whoever bid it up to $21,000 would have zero ebay feedback.

I would be willing to give the owner two hundred and fifty bucks, but only if he delivered it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The VIN number doesn't turn up on the COPO website anywhere.There is one ZL-1 listed as being sold at Scunzio Chevy(still in business in Johnston,RI)but the numbers don't match.

------------------
HDZ/28

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Apparently the car has the BE rear which appears to be original to the car so it most likely is a legit COPO. There's a thread going on over at Yenko.net about it http://www.yenko.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000827.html let's see if my link works.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored

·
Registered
88 Posts
From the pictures, and posts by those who went to see it, the car sounds completly trashed.

Apparently the rear end code is correct, therefore this is a ligitimate car? Ever heard of restamps? Sure they do it on Corvette motors all the time.

Perhaps I will get the most beat POS '69 I can find, and a restamp kit, and then you all can bid like crazy for my car.

I'm not saying this guy did that, but I would not bet $30K to find out.

Maybe we can ask the second(or was it third?)owner after he gets done serving his strech on the murder rap.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Legitimate or not, 30K for that car in the condition it appears to be in seems way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way to much.

Of course, I will admit that I am not a visionary and just cannot "see" that car "completed" 3 years later ever being worth even equal to what you would have into it. I applaud those that would take on a project like that and bring back a piece of history (if real COPO) and maybe even do it just for the challenge or the hobby. But at some point I think economics should play into the initial investment.

Just my $.02

Robert

------------------
67 SS 396 Chevelle 350HP 4speed
70 SS 396 Chevelle 350HP 4speed
68 RS Z/28 302 350+HP? 4speed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts