Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys & Gals,

I know there is a ZL-1 VIN List. Is their a COPO VIN list for 1969 Camaro's to help keep people from getting scammed/faked/duped into buying a car on e-bay the seller claims is a real COPO when it's obvious the car is a clone/fake?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
No formal list but myself and others have compiled lists of known cars over the years. Most Yenko VINs are known but that hasn't stopped the forgers as there are at least two showing the same VIN. There are also rumors that there are now 2 pair of ZL1 Camaros with the same VIN. Also the ZL1s stolen new from Merollis Chev were all recently registered in Canada.

If they can repro an entire body a VIN tag is a piece of cake. And do not put much faith in the "consecutive body number" theory. Sometimes they are; sometimes they are not.

This will undoubtedly aggravate some but I would not consider an L72 car that did not have either a verified OE VIN-stamped drivetrain or genuine Chevrolet documentation. Far too many well done clones out there; at least one with fake docs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts