Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried Corbeau seats? I am thinking about ordering a pair and was wondering about quality and comfort?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I was just talking with Jim Miller from Seat-4-Cars. I was asking about the differences between the Sport Seat and the GTS II.

The Sport Seat more closely resembles the Camaro seats so I am going with them. If you wait until April, you can have a hands on report.

They can be reached at [email protected].

Rick O'Loughlin
'69 RS-SS

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
I bought a pair of the GTB seats for my '68. They are very nice. A little pricey though. I see you are in KC, MO. I live in Blue Springs if you want to look at them. The nearest dealer is in the Chicago area. The pictures of my car are older and do not show the new seats. Drop me an email if you want to swing by.

------------------
Cars:
68 RS/SS BB ragtop
63 Nova II ragtop
Club:
Camaro Club of Kansas City

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I just took delivery of a set of Corbeau GTS II seats. I had them upolstered in white leather with black/white houndstooth center inserts. They look great! I'll post a picture on the Interior page on my web site tonight.

The GTS II is very much a sports car seat. The side bolsters are tall and definitely hold you in the seat.

I put one up on a stool last night and watched TV for a while. It felt a lot more comfortable than the original stockers. They also have a rake adjustment so you don't have to sit straight up. I can't wait to get them in.

------------------
Pearl blue & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 12/17/00 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly

·
Registered
995 Posts
How pricy?

------------------
68 z28 68 rs 327 73 454 vette

·
Registered
551 Posts
I was planning on the plain ol' cloth version of the Sport Seat with maybe, a SS logo sewen in. That was until I caught your reference to houndstooth.

If you don't mind, what did you pay for leather and houndstooth insert? Shipping?

I'm pumped about new seats for this season.

Best regards,

Rick O'Loughlin
'69 RS-SS (Clone, but MY clone.)

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
JMcDonald - I am 6.0 ft and about 195 pounds (I won't admit to the other 5 lbs). I would say that I have a medium-sized frame. If I had a much bigger frame, the seats would probably be too small. I have a brother that is 6.5 ft tall and has a large frame and I don't know how well he is going to fit in these seats. If you can, I would recommend some test sitting before you buy.

Dale and Scoop - the GTS II seats were $320 each and the custom upolstery charge from Corbeau for the white leather was $340 per seat. Total cost per seat to Corbeau was about $720 (including TX sales tax @ 8.25%). I also had to buy two yards of houndstooth cloth (from Year One) at $60/yd. Therefore, total cost of each seat was $780. I bought the seats from a local Corbeau dealer, so I didn't have to pay for shipping.

To me, the decision boiled down to spending about $1,000 for parts and labor to fully restore the old houndstooth covered seats or $1,440 for new seats customized to match the rest of my interior. I felt that the additional $440 was worth it in the long run.

BTW, my old front seats are for sale if anyone wants them.

[This message has been edited by gheatly (edited 02-13-2001).]

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
JMCDonald,
I don't know who you were asking about but here goes. I bought the GTB seats and the seat tracks. I am 6'0" and with the seat all the way back the pedals are almost out of reach. These seats travel farther than any seat I have ever seen. As for "pricey" they ran me $1125 for both seats, 2 seat tracks and enough extra black cloth to cover the rear seat. It took them awhile to get here because believe it or not, black is a special order color! They do go so far as to make sure that all of the material was cut from the same piece so that all of the material matches. They bolt right in using the same holes and are very comfortable. The only thing that I do not like is that there is no quick release to tilt the seat forward for rear seat access. But with the amount of travel those tracks have it opens the rear up nicely.

------------------
Cars:
68 RS/SS BB ragtop
63 Nova II ragtop
Club:

[This message has been edited by rs1968ss (edited 02-13-2001).]

·
Registered
995 Posts
OUCH,I was quoted 600$ to recover the 79 camaro seats I plan on putting in my RS,that included the rear seat. Do you know if the 68 tracks fit on the 79 seats?

------------------
68 z28 68 rs 327 73 454 vette

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
I do not know about other seat tracks. They do have several seat tracks available. Check out their web site. www.corbeau.com. The GTB seats just about the most expensive seats they offer. I put them in my convertible because I needed a seat that had a low back height back yet would recline. There are very few seats that will do this. If you are looking to put them in a coupe and the back height is not an issue then they offer cheaper seats. Damn convertibles are expensive!

------------------
Cars:
68 RS/SS BB ragtop
63 Nova II ragtop
Club:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Tell me, what do you think of the comfort? How do they "feel" to you?

I'm not a big guy, five foot eight, but I feel a little tight in leg room in the car. Does this seat make things, hmmmmm, ...more roomy?

I was very much looking forward to getting some, but the 12 bolt just blew that way for this season.

By the way. Very, very nice!!!

R.O.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Awesome looking seats! Can you buy directly from Corbeau? The closest dealer to me is in Atlanta. Just wondering B/C of the matching rear seat fabric. I doubt they have that lying around down there.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
The seats are great. They really "suck" you in. I have had more comments about those seats than anything else on the car. I ordered enough fabric to cover the rear seat when I ordered the fronts. I ordered mine from a place in IL. It took quite awhile to get them in since black is a special order coler. Go figure. They were well worth the wait however.

------------------
Cars:
68 RS/SS BB ragtop
63 Nova II ragtop
Club:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts