Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the correct distance between the core support and the frame. I just installed aluminum body mounts and it appears that the core support is too high.

69er

------------------
69 Camaro 454
71 Nova 454

If your not living on the edge then your taking up too much space

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Hmmm. Whose core supports? I have Global West, they look about 1" thick and work fine.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
My (untouched original) stock '69 measures about 5/8"-3/4" between the frame and the bracket on the rad support.

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
Registered
475 Posts
I would think it really wouldn't matter if its a slightly different hight. As long as you replaced all the bushings and they are the same hight as each other.
Austin

·
Registered
475 Posts
What I mean is if the core support is a little higher, than as long as all the bushings were replaced the frame would be a little further from the body. So the alignment of the core support to body souldn't have changed.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Austin is right. The gap between the doors and fenders will tell the tale. If they line up correctly, I don't think you have a problem.

·
Registered
140 Posts
installing sold bushings effectively raise the core support relative to the sheetmetal. My old Herb Adams performance book says you may have to account for the hood bumpers and possibly trim your fan shroud to fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts