Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the correct diameter and length pushrod for a 74 LS4 454? I need to get a set from Advance Auto Parts and I am sure they will not know.

Thanks.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you just replacing your pushrods? Just take one of your old ones with you? Why are you changing pushrods?
You ask a good question. I am installing a set of new Comp roller tip rocker arms.

Comp says to use NEW pushrods.

Is that necessary? My originals are "old" but probably ok.

Should I just use them?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
unless your changing rocker arm raitos, Just put some goop on the push rods and new rocker arm and install.
Larry :beers:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yes I would change them, your old ones would prob work just fine, but why chance it? I always get new pushrods any time i change anything in the valvetrain. I dought your pushrod length would change just by getting roller tips but I would check anyways. You can roll your pushrods on glass or something smooth and make sure they are super straight if your really on a budget but if you can squeeze the cash its a peice of mind to get new ones.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Sorry Guys. Just Tenessee Pubic eduication. Also, Man should not try to drink beer type and try to have humor
Sorry I'll just watch from now on.
Larry:beers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts