Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did the Camaro 396 HD battery option come with "Side Terminals" The assembly man show side terminal vs top post. I thought the car came w/ top post.

·
Retired
26,617 Posts
Re: Correct Battery type - 1969 Big Block / heavy duty batt.

I believe the side post was introduced around May in the Camaro, maybe July for the BB cars based on dates in the AIM. Don't know if that carried over to the HD batterys.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car was a special order and delivered on July 21st... I am (almost) positive it came with post type but cannot find any data to make positive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brian,

How about I just start coming to you for my answers... I think both you and Bert have answered all my prior questions here on the team site.

You work on so many vehicles as a kid helping out or hotrodding 25-30 years ago that the small things seem to blurr together.

Once Again - THANKS!... / Ken

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Mine is a May Norwood side post standard amp hour battery. The HD option cost about 5 bucks extra. That was 3 hours pay. No thanks. Wish I would have bought more battery. The first one died in 3 years. The second one blew up in my face. Please don't ask,,,. But I still have the original cables. (the ground cable terminal is gray)

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Brian,

How about I just start coming to you for my answers... I think both you and Bert have answered all my prior questions here on the team site.

You work on so many vehicles as a kid helping out or hotrodding 25-30 years ago that the small things seem to blurr together.

Once Again - THANKS!... / Ken
:) Always happy to help.

I knew a guy who worked in his Dad's service station weekends and summers and got to touch all the Detroit classic muscle. Like him, I would say you are lucky to have them blur together then not have seen them at all. :yes:

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Mine is a May Norwood side post standard amp hour battery. The HD option cost about 5 bucks extra. That was 3 hours pay. No thanks. Wish I would have bought more battery. The first one died in 3 years. The second one blew up in my face. Please don't ask,,,. But I still have the original cables. (the ground cable terminal is gray)

Fred it is cool that your still sportin factory cables. Sometime after shipping my March 69 Z11 was converted to side post. I came to that conclusion as the late March production dates don't line up to factory conversion and the cables are mid 70's dating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts