Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here so I hope I am in the right forum. The Lo-Note horn on my 67 is not a Delco-Remy, although the high note one is. It's not working so I took it apart to try and repair it. Before I spend any money, I want to be sure this is the correct Lo-Note horn for a 67. I may send if off for repair if it is as I really want the original if possible. The mount is correct, it's old as heck so it could be correct. I just don't know.

Thanks for any help,

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
477 low note and 214 high note are the numbers on the horns. The numbers can be found and are stamped on the bracket side on the end of the horn by the opening.
Here is a pic of 67 Low note (on the left) and High note (on the right with shorter bracket)

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
The actual number for the number for the high note horn is 9000214 as seen below only the 214 is staped preceeded by 9000 that is cast into the horn end. on the other side will be a 3 digit date code like 7D3 (7=1967, D= April, 3= 3rd week)

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
The low note is 9000477. Here is the date code stamping of 7D3 on my horn.

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
Sometimes you need to take a wire brush after it to see the stampings. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all. The Lo note horn on mine does not match these, although teh Hi note does. So i guess I am now looking for a Lo Note 67 Horn. Thanks again, Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts