Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the right stuff (I think & I hope), I just would like to know a couple of things;
First, with this set up, Which lines go to which ports in the block? This is just a pic from the archives. Not my actual parts. I do have these parts tho.

Then;

I am replacing my old prop valve thats under the driver's seat on the frame rail with an adjustable valve. My question is that the adjustable came with a 2lb residual valve and I'm having a hard time trying to locate fittings that will put both down there. Both parts have female IF so the only way I've found to attach them together is with the addition of another (albeit short) brake line between the two. I have NOT been able to locate a MALE/MALE IF connector. The line that I have will add way too much length to the new two-piece brake line I have. At this point, the only options I have is to curl up the line to shorten it up, or to cut the line and get a double flaring tool and re-flare it. Or, should I put the residual valve in another location? That option would really help with the connection down on the frame rail. I have spent a lot of time researching this with not a lot of success in a good solution. What do you guys think?

Brett.......

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,689 Posts
In regards to the first question (pic1), is plumbed like 69 which I presume is what you're working on ? The front drivers side port on the distribution block/switch is the drivers side front brake line. The rear port supplies the main rear brake line. The one that you can't see in the pic (passenger side front) feeds the passenger side front.:)

Can't help ya on the prop valve, but watcha gonna do with the old one ? For sale ??:)

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In regards to the first question (pic1), is plumbed like 69 which I presume is what you're working on ? The front drivers side port on the distribution block/switch is the drivers side front brake line. The rear port supplies the main rear brake line. The one that you can't see in the pic (passenger side front) feeds the passenger side front.:)

Can't help ya on the prop valve, but watcha gonna do with the old one ? For sale ??:)
Hi Garth,
Yes, it's a 69 SS396. I have Wilwood discs all around. Thanks for the info for the ports, as that was one question I had. PM sent.
Thanks,

Brett......

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Residual pressure valve not needed for rear disc brakes. Toss it.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
RPV really only needed with drums and when the master is located lower than the calipers in street rod frame mounted master applications.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Gary,
Part is on it's way. Tracking number is 4209712894058096999389800 (Tried to send PM but you box is full).
Brett.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts