Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to have my org rad recored after looking like it lasted 40 year's, " it really looked all org " untill now. I dont understand what part of "DONT PAINT IT" that they didnt understand but now I've been stripping super high gloss black paint very carefully ... Tha yoyo even painted over a rusty area.

Would you fella's be so kind as to shoot me the correct paint color for the rad tank's ? This is the 69 3 core DZ set up.. Correct answer git the next colt or filly named after them .. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Jerry M's 69 Z28 book (Appendix E) lists "full gloss black paint" as the correct finish for the radiator. Have to make sure you use actual radiator paint; needs to be "low build" so as not to restrict airflow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm at the same point and will be painting on Thursday. I (thankfully) got mine back unpainted. I have the eastwood gloss paint but I was wondering...
Should I use etch primer on the tanks?
Generally you don't have to, as long as the end tanks are cleaned well prior to spraying, the rad. paint should stick just fine. I suggest using our PRE surface cleaner to get any containments off of the surface before you paint.

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-pre-painting-prep.html?srccode=camaros

1 - 10 of 10 Posts