Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is said paint a difficult color to spray on a car? Am thinking of trying it myself. I have painted a few cars 20+ years ago with Centari (sp) single stage and they came out pretty good. I will be using bc/cc, don't know what brand yet.
Thanks, John

·
Registered
85 Posts
Its not bad at all. That is a lighter color and is somewhat forgiving especially if you are doing a bc/cc. You probably already know this, but do your best to control your enviornment. In other words, if you spray half the body on a 77F day with low humidity, don't spray the hood and doors on a 90F day with high humidity. Also, it shouldn't take more than a gallon of color but if it does make sure you mix the gallons together to keep a uniform color.

Hope I didn't confuse you, I'm sure others will chime in here. I just painted my 68' last summer and went with a dark silver/char color. Its not hard at all, just take your time and do the necessary prep work...

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Any metallic paints require more than average skill. As a former painter, I am sure you are aware of the "Misting" required to shoot this type of paint. A paint job with tiger stripes, where the metallics all gather or dark lines is not good. Practice using some bad mix paints available at most paint shop mixers or even at body shops them self may sell you some old mix.

Kev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts