Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am painting my 69 Camaro Cortez Silver. I have noticed that there are many different paint codes with the many different paint suppliers. Can anyone tell me which is the best paint to use and the applicable code so that it is closest to the color of 1969

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
I use numerous local jobbers and all have different brand codes. These do not apply to the actual paint code. Pick your local jobber and go from there. Paint codes are on paintref.com. Easy when you do this everyday.

I'm doing a 40 Woody for a customer and called the PPG library to get a formula. You have to do your homework.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use numerous local jobbers and all have different brand codes. These do not apply to the actual paint code. Pick your local jobber and go from there. Paint codes are on paintref.com. Easy when you do this everyday.

I'm doing a 40 Woody for a customer and called the PPG library to get a formula. You have to do your homework.
Thank you for your help. I have seen paint references before and I looked at DuPont as well as Sherwin Williams and one has 3 paint codes and the other has 2. I noticed that PPG has just one code, maybe that is the way I should go. I was kind of confused as to why there would be more than one paint code from the jobbers if the color is the same

1 - 3 of 3 Posts