Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after i get my camaro done im thinkin about gettin a late 60s corvair. ive done a yahoo search for some corvair performance parts but didnt come up with anything exept some dead links. anyone have any info?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm in the process of building a 1965 Corsa with a Crown Engineering V-8 conversion that sits in the back seat. I'm getting parts through "Clarks". They are a total supplier for the Corvairs. They have plenty of hot rod parts for them. They are several other suppliers: Corvair Motosports, Larry's.
Do a "Google" search on the net and you'll find them. Check out "Corsa" also & Corv-8 registry.
Roger

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Skeletor,
What are you looking for? We just completed a 65 V8 Corvair(very fast), and have a bone stock 65 "survivor" in the garage too. My dad is a Corvair nut and has many resources for parts.
Chris

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im lookin for a 65-67. i want to do sort of a restorod. maybe rig up somekind of fuel injection. i saw a site that had a conversion kit to bolt in a modified borg warner t-5. modified suspension. how much you askin for that 65?

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
I've been by Clark's a bunch of times. They have about 3 or 4 quonset huts up off or Route 2 about 10 miles west of Route 91 in Mass. Had never heard of them until I actually drove by the place and now everyone who deals with Corvairs say they are the place to go for parts.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the email. i thought about doing the v-8 swap, but i think if i get one im gonna try to get as much as i can out of the stock 6. i dont know much about thses engines yey, but ive seen some stuff on overbored cylinder kits than can make up to 3.1 liter engines, custom cams, and trick intakes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts