Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all Corvette enthusiasts nuts? Currently at $200+ dollars for an A/C belt!! Look: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=599683987

------------------
1969 Camaro SS 350-383ci./365HP, T-56, 12 bolt, Power Trax Locker, 3.73 gears, 4 whl disc, Deluxe black houndstooth interior, rear window defogger, tilt steering, floor console w/gauge package, center mntd. clock, tachometer

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
They're not nuts, just misdirected. Kind of like the guy recently selling the 69 Camaro who said it had Z/28 bucket seats, like there was anything different about them. If I apply their logic to my junk box, the radiator support bushings or subframe bolts I removed and replaced should be worth more because they came out of my 69 SS Camaro.
Dave

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i wonder what else that belt fits? i bet it will fit stuff other than a vette, but a fan belt for a truck or impala doesn't exactly command a high price in the rich boy marketplace.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's not just the Vette owners. I had a guy who wanted $100 for the external GF 432 fuel filter.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I dont understand,OK so we get on a guy for wanting to rebody a rotten rusty Camaro with a rust free shell thats correct except for the car came with a 6cy instead of a V8 and now its 180 the other way, this guy is not so smart for buying a NOS part for his car so it will be 100% correct no matter what the cost.I dont think the price is so bad if you really need the part to make one complete.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
that doesnt account for the fact that, ITS A FAN BELT!
i wish people would buy the stuff i try and sell, for insane prices, i'd be the happiest guy ever.

·
Retired
26,647 Posts
There are various types of automotive enthusiasts (sp?) and various levels with in each type. Expendable cash has a lot to do with where you fit in the mix. Personal taste plays a part also!! One guy might cut up the dash in his daily driver to install a CD player. Someone else trying to piece together an SS would give up his beer money for a year to find an uncut dash! The guy with a real copo or Z that was raced from day one would pay big dollars for a piece of plastic called radio delete or heater delete!!

If you had a rolling text book in your garage you would pay the price if you needed a belt, hose or sparkplug wire!!

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

·
Registered
80 Posts
$200 NOS,It may be a little high for most but just try to find another one.If you spend from 50-100K on your car/resto the $200 bucks is a drop in the bucket for the correct piece.If you don't plan to go this route fine,but why call them nuts?

Steve

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't think it is just the concorse(sp?) guys and purests that are "crazy" com'on how many of you have spent a "little more" then what normal people think you should have for that one part that would just look perfect in that one spot with the over priced thing you bought last week?
ME? GUILTY

later days,
Tony

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i wonder how much one of those hardcore resto guys would spend to get half a tank of date coded, 1966 vintage 100 octane premium leaded gas? how about if it was in a 35 year old gas can? i suppose he would also need som NOS oil to put in the crankcase...
hell, i have a bridge i could sell, it is on oceanfront property in the Mojave desert...

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

[This message has been edited by novaderrik (edited 01-03-2002).]

·
Registered
165 Posts
novaderrik, I clicked on your link and looked at your pictures and yes we understand your pain! Keep pluging tho and never forget it looks like a Camaro whyle "your" underneath it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
novaderrik- your a pathetic cheepskate, if a guy wants a date coded original part number belt (remember they changed the number in 70 somthing he said) the let him have it and dont cry cus you dont have the money to buy somthing like that. lets just say you have a 69 427 vette prefectly restored and hes got the same identical car but HIS car has that belt, he wins YOU LOSE and he gets more points than YOU. just because you dont appriciate the differance between hard to find NOS and REPOP dont whine to everyone else. and your nos oil and gas crack was weak, cant you think of anything better? we're talking part numbers and dates here, i dont remeber seeing too many part numbers or dates on gas and oil moron. plus they arnt even a GM product. dont get off track

[This message has been edited by 69z (edited 01-03-2002).]

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am not sure, I have not checked it out, however is that Same Belt available through Quanta Restorations?

Bob R

·
Premium Member
6,550 Posts
I thought this was Camaro Tech.

Keep this in the right forum anyways!!

·
Retired
26,647 Posts
We all like our bumpers to shine!! Just because some can afford to pay someone to do it, and some can't and have to do it themselves, doesn't mean we don't put our pants on the same!! Nobody promised anyone fair in life when the doctor slapped us on the a$$ the moment we came into this world!! Let's not stew over what others have!! I could go on and on but I think you guys get the point!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
OK that's enough about vette's
. We have all spent alot on are cars for "dumb" things. (bfg drag radials ,NOS, MSD boxes ,Blowers, Drag shocks, rims, and alot of other things). I for one will never own a concurs (spelling) car. Not that I can't afford if, It's just not me. But, when I do go to shows I love see 100 point cars. It amazes me to see all the time that goes into them. I can't see bringing down a fellow car nut just because he thinks they should be restored and I think they should be raced
. Just my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 53 Posts