1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
? Not a fan of C4s

I have a C2 Coupe and a C7 ZO6
Lol, It’s not the year, it’s the Black Knight-Batman theme. Just giving Corvette owners a hard time.

·
Registered
535 Posts
OK you guys, you are going to make the purists on the Corvette forums angry just mentioning Corvettes in the same stable as a Camaro. Remember they didn't want to share the Bloomington Gold show with tin junk.
The wife and I have a 66 Vette and a couple of 68 Camaros. I love stirring the pot.

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,558 Posts
Sadly no corvettes right now, but I've had four (57-64-69-99), my wife one (65).
My first one... a '57 283/245 dual quad 3-speed. Eventually it got a 327 30/30 365 & 4-speed transplant, black scoop and hardtop. My dad was admiring his 'Bird.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

My last one... a '99. My Golden loved riding with me in any car. One of my buddys called my wife one day and told her that he's seen me out cruising with an ugly blond again. Said she was a real dog. We laughed about that for years.

Wheel Car Tire Plant Vehicle

Before I croak I might like to have a C8.

·
16,022 Posts
Sadly no corvettes right now, but I've had four (57-64-69-99), my wife one (65).
My first one... a '57 283/245 dual quad 3-speed. Eventually it got a 327 30/30 365 & 4-speed transplant, black scoop and hardtop. My dad was admiring his 'Bird.

View attachment 282470

My last one... a '99. My Golden loved riding with me in any car. One of my buddys called my wife one day and told her that he's seen me out cruising with an ugly blond again. Said she was a real dog. We laughed about that for years.

View attachment 282469

Before I croak I might like to have a C8.
Nice. I like C8s but I just can't get into the idea of a Vette with an auto. Maybe after I drive one I'll see different.

Reactions: ctcz28

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,558 Posts
Nice. I like C8s but I just can't get into the idea of a Vette with an auto. Maybe after I drive one I'll see different.
My old Audi A3 had the dual clutch setup, my GLA250 and Cayenne both have paddles too... have to admit I really don't play with the paddles much probably bc they're SUVs although the GLA has the AMG brake/suspension/style options and it handles pretty good. But I agree its a bit weird for a corvette but it (a C8) might be fun on some of the snaky mountain roads we have up here in the Berkshires.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
I Love the right Corvette.

Bought..(n) Not built,(y) is what does not impress me in the least bit.
Any 16 year old that doesn't know squat about a car can have daddy buy a fast car.

one of my dream cars besides a 68 Charger build, would be a 67 Corvette build , absolutely NOT a weak @$ $ run of the mill stock car.

·
Banned
645 Posts
I Love the right Corvette.

Bought..(n) Not built,(y) is what does not impress me in the least bit.
Any 16 year old that doesn't know squat about a car can have daddy buy a fast car.

one of my dream cars besides a 68 Charger build, would be a 67 Corvette build , absolutely NOT a weak @$ $ run of the mill stock car.

Hahaha, C 8 blow your doors off

·
Premium Member
68 SS/RS, 460 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor mods , trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
581 Posts
My favs are a 58 for headlights and scallops, 63-65 coupes and thirdly a 69 BB 427. Thats all. I never knew this but I was talking to a vette guy at a swap meet recently and he told me the C1's rode like chit because they didnt have any rubber bushings.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts